Date: 6/28/17 7:51 pm
From: Adam Sell <adamwardsell...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET Unknown bird song/call
I wouldn't be surprised to find out that this is a Tufted Titmouse. They
can do some crazy sounding songs/calls. The repetitive nature and some of
the quality seem to fit that species, as well. Here's a recording from
xeno-canto that has a similar sound/cadence.

http://www.xeno-canto.org/368804

Adam Sell
Lake Co.
On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 18:28 <BFisher928...> [ILbirds] <
<ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:

> From a birder on the Champaign Audubon birding listserv, comes this
> interesting recording. It was recorded in a backyard near downtown Urbana
> on June
> 18 by a friend of the birder.
>
> https://soundcloud.com/user-723431088/bird
>
> Any thoughts on the species ID? Karen and I were struck by the very
> repetitive nature of the 'song'. Feel free to post your thoughts on IBET,
> or if
> you wish, send them to me back channel and I'll compile the responses.
>
> Regards
> Bob Fisher
> Downers Grove
> Dupage county