Date: 6/28/17 7:36 pm
From: Mitchell Pruitt <0000000b4ac30a99-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Costa Rica Birding and a Blog Post
For those who are interested, here’s my most recent blog post. This should provide some reading material for the hottest part of the day tomorrow. The idea is to do a series of 3 blog posts on my trip to Costa Rica (with Kim Smith and Kannan) at the end of May. I decided to start with a post especially dear to my heart, it’s entitled "Costa Rica: Creatures of the Night" and is about owls seen and photographed on the trip. I also give a shoutout to some of the country’s famous herps. Check it out:

https://mitchell-pruitt.squarespace.com/the-great-outdoorsman/2017/6/27/costa-rica-creatures-of-the-night <https://mitchell-pruitt.squarespace.com/the-great-outdoorsman/2017/6/27/costa-rica-creatures-of-the-night>

This trip was amazing, with over 300 species tallied. I was able to get around 130 life birds, including 7 owls, all of which were photographed. Not surprisingly, my favorite bird of the whole trip was the Unspotted Saw-whet Owl, seen with David Oakley and Mia Revels. We hired a special guide for this night excursion in the high-elevation Savegre Region.

Enjoy and good birding!

Mitchell Pruitt

Join us on Facebook!