Date: 6/28/17 2:56 pm
From: <obol-bounce...>
Subject: [obol] Baskett and Ankeny Today
Hi all,

Alan Contreras, my brother Evan, and I birded Baskett Slough NWR and Ankeny
NWR today. The morning at Baskett brought six AMERICAN WHITE PELICANS in
the South Slough, three LEAST SANDPIPERS and a GREATER YELLOWLEGS at the
narrows, and a SORA feeding in the open with three chicks at the same
location. Gadwall, Grebes, and Coots were also with chicks. LAZ BUNTINGS,
COWBIRDS, and a ROUGH-WINGED SWALLOW we're notable passerines.

Ankeny held one CHAT at both Eagle and Pintail Marsh, along with a YELLOW
WARBLER and another Bunting at Pintail. The ponds were slow, with little
other than thirteen PIED-BILLED GREBES (four chicks) at Pintail and a G
Yellowlegs at Eagle.

Alan or Evan can add anything I forgot.

Good birding folks,

-Caleb