Date: 6/28/17 2:41 pm
From: Rowe, Richard A, 'Dick' via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Blue Ridge Parkway on Tuesday
On Tuesday, I went up on to the P'way to look for warblers, etc. While it was a nice cool morning (upper 50s), the wind made it difficult to bird. Most of the birds were either deep in the forest or were down low in the vegetation. As a result, I heard far more birds than I saw. I heard a number of Wood Thrushes (there are a lot of them this year), a few Veerys were starting to sing (they seem to start about 10 am), lots of Ovenbirds, Black-throated Green Warblers, Red-eyed Vireos, Blue-headed Vireos, Yellow-throated Vireos, Scarlet Tanagers, Indigo Bunting, Bluebird, Pine Warbler, a female Blackburian Warbler, Black-and-white Warblers. Worm-eating Warblers, Chipping Sparrow, Redstart, Cerulean Warbler, Red-tailed Hawk, Hooded Warbler, and Chestnut-sided Warbler.

I've up-loaded some photos of the Chestnut-sided Warbler and of a friend I came across.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/vmibiology/

Dick Rowe
VMI Biology Department