Date: 6/27/17 1:03 pm
From: Mitchell Pruitt <0000000b4ac30a99-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Stump and Chesney Prairies, Benton County
I spent the morning helping fellow grad student (of Kim Smith), Alyssa DeRubeis with her grassland bird research today. Primary objectives were vegetation surveys, but she managed to find 3 new Dickcissel nests as well.

Notables from the day include 2 Bell's Vireo singing around Stump Prairie and several Painted Bunting at both sites.

Alyssa is doing excellent work and has managed to fill some big knowledge gaps in regards to late-spring, early summer birds here in just one season so far! Some of her recent rarities include Nelson's Sparrow and female Bobolink in Benton County, and a King Rail at Woolsey Wet Prairie in Fayetteville. Alyssa is an asset to Arkansas birding and is quite a well-known member of both Wisconsin and Minnesota birding circuits, where she has become familiar with grassland birds.

Good birding and stay tuned for photos and a blog post from my recent Costa Rica trip,

Mitchell Pruitt

Sent from my iPhone.

Join us on Facebook!