Date: 6/27/17 9:24 am
From: Wayne Hoffman <whoffman...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Cattle Egret Sodhouse Lane, Harney Co.
Hi -

Nice Photo!

The egret appears to have the intense bill and leg color that it typical of herons in courtship/nest-establishment phase of breeding.  It might be worth while for Refuge staff etc. to keep an eye out for Cattle Egrets in any heron colony checks this summer.

Wayne
On 6/26/2017 7:16:32 PM, Callie Gesmundo <callie.gesmundo...> wrote:
I noticed a Cattle Egret perched on a thick wood post along Sodhouse Lane, about 2 miles before you hit Malheur NWR. After hitting the breaks (and having noticed no one was behind me...), I quick snapped a photo before I pulled over to look at a range map. I circled around to see if it was still present, but did not see anything. Did not look extensively; could very well still be in the area.

I've attached the incidental eBird checklist, with the pin being in the exact location. A photo is also in the checklist.

http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S37822371 [http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S37822371]

Callie Gesmundo
Portland Audubon
Malheur NWR