Date: 6/26/17 9:22 pm
From: Caleb Centanni <caleb...>
Subject: [obol] Juvenile Vireo--Possible RBA
Hi all,

On Fishback Hill near Monmouth today I had what to the eyes seemed to be
very much like a juvenile Cassin's Vireo, skulking in the grass and sitting
on fences and hedgerows, which I've been told is highly unusual. It's call
was virtually identical to that of a juvenile Bell's Vireo on Xeno-Canto,
but this may be shared among Vireos. I have attached a medium-quality
recording below (including some pishing by me in the middle ;)). The bird
had yellow more towards the rear underside than most Cassin's, a lighter
eyering and gray hood, and whitish extending up the side of the neck behind
the auriculars.

I'll be heading back there tomorrow, and I can give the exact location to
anyone who's interested, but it is very likely just an odd young Cassin's
Vireo

Good birding,

Caleb Centanni

Join us on Facebook!