Date: 6/26/17 7:18 pm
From: Yong Kong <yklitespeed...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Thank you to Tom Bailey for his comment on the ebird report about Arney's Mount Road Dickcissel habitat
Purpose of this post is to say thank you to Tom Bailey for his comment on the ebird report about Arney's Mount Road, Dickcissel find on Jun 25, 2017 08:00, with his very specific comment on the habitat description of an abandoned horse farm where he observed a signing male.

I have not visited the area but his words about the abandoned horse farm habitat said it all. My desire to see photos no longer required. I can almost visualize the natural grassland regeneration within the former horse pasture that may have attracted the singing male dick including the fence posts.

I ran my fast-n-furious lunch time dick search today in South Harrison Township again, along Lincoln Mill Road, west of Commissioners Pike. GPS Coordinate 39.693211 -75.249453

As soon as I pulled over and parked and engine shut off. Heard a grasshopper call within about 20 feet from the passenger side window. I did not give crap but my eyes were peeled on the utility wires along the road, and my ears were peeled for DICK’s song along any and all potential perch post. No luck.

Sad thing about all this DICK invasion into our area and for those who are all caught up in target birding for dick is total ignorance to all other awesome birds that are around us during this time of the year.

Thank you again TB for your ebird habitat comment on the singing dick habitat.

Yong Kong
Camden County

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>
List help: <jerseybi-request...>