Date: 6/26/17 6:46 pm
From: Dave Leibert <xdave...>
Subject: Woodcock, Ospreys -Monroe and Northampton counties
Howdy All.

Yesterday I took a leisurely Sunday drive up to Stroudsburg from Easton.
Of course I looked for raptors along the way. I figured I would look for
the one Osprey nest that is close to a house. Sure enough there was an
osprey on it and it looked to be feeding young birds. I saw more Ospreys
over the Delaware a bit further North.

On the way back in the twilight I saw two birds on the road in front of
my car. This was in Cherry Valley in a wooded area near the "S" bends in
the stream. I stopped and one of the birds flew off down the road. This
birds was a woodcock and really flew away really fast. The second bird
looked a little whiter and flew into the woods. I don't see woodcocks
very often.

Have fun, Dave

Join us on Facebook!