Date: 6/26/17 3:57 pm
From: 'Tammie Rogers ' <tammie...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: FW: IBET Is this a Dickcissel?

Seven out of seven concur that the bird in the photo is a Dickcissel. Thank you all for promptly getting back to me.

For some reason I thought it was going to be a larger bird, so although the patterns /colors were accurate to the description, I was surprised by the size.

Thanks again so much for your help!

Tammie

Fayette Co

Brownstown, IL

On Jun 26, 2017, at 4:40 PM, 'Tammie Rogers ' <tammie...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:

If anyone has the time to quickly check the photo I have posted under Dickcissel at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S37817848 to confirm that is the species (I think it’s a female) I would appreciate it.

Thank you so much.

Quick update: the Bluebirds that were contemplating a nest box we offered (but were seemingly in competition with Tree swallows) have settled in after a long absence. The female is incubating.

The Tree Swallows were offered an alternate next box, and currently have four babies that are just getting pin feathers.

Regards,

Tammie Rogers

Fayette Co

Brownstown, IL 62418