Date: 6/26/17 9:20 am
From: Mark Glenshaw <mglenshaw...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET, Great Horned Owl Lecture and Barred Owl Bonus, Forest Park, MO
Hello!

This Thursday, June 29, I am giving a free, public, all-ages on the mating,
nesting and owlets of the Great Horned Owls I have studied in Forest Park
since 2005. This talk will feature many photos and videos of these
behaviors with abundant footage of crazy cute owlets. The details of the
talk are below. I hope to see you there-thank you!

"Great Horned Owls: "Mating,, Nesting and Owlets"
Thursday, June 29, 2017,6:30pm
Morrison-Talbott Library
215 Park Street
Waterloo, IL 62298
618-939-623
waterloolibrary.org

Last night, for the second time this summer, I heard Barred Owls calling in
an area of Forest Park in St. Louis, MO where I had previously never
observed or heard of Barred Owls being. They were calling from an area
between Forest Park Parkway (which is closed for renovation) and the gravel
path/boardwalk that goes through the north side of the Steinberg Prairie.
I managed to see one when I heard them earlier this summer. A few winters
ago I saw a Barred Owl a few times on the same side (east) of the park but
that spot is roughly a third of a mile from where I have observed these
Barred Owls this summer. Great to see more owls in more parts of Forest
Park!

Sincerely,
Mark

Mark H.X. Glenshaw