Date: 6/25/17 9:39 pm
From: <casresearch...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Elk Grove Village nighthawk
I stopped to get gas at the Thornton's at Elmhurst/York Road and Devon Avenue tonight, in Elk Grove Village, after doing some frog monitoring in DuPage County, and heard a Common Nighthawk constantly calling overhead.  Too dark to see it though.
I've also heard them this summer in the Albany Park area of Chicago (near our former neighbor's house) and in Schiller Park (near Lawrence and 25th), and a friend of mine has heard them in Palatine.   I've already heard more this summer than most recent summers.   Hope that's a positive trend.

Jackie Hulina and I also ended up flushing two nighthawks by accident while doing our monitoring tonight, at a different section of the preserve we monitor at than we saw one doing a courtship flight twice in the spring.

Alan  Anderson,  Des Plaines, Cook Co., <casresearch...>

Join us on Facebook!