Date: 6/25/17 4:41 pm
From: Joel Geier <joel.geier...>
Subject: [obol] Carolina Wren seems to be a (w)red herring
Hi all,

Not sure if this has been posted by others since the OBOL archives
sometimes lag behind postings, and the ABA page seems to be down.

So at the risk of repeating someone else's posting, here is the comment
that I found in the eBird list that caused this uproar, when I took a
peek:

"Nels Nelson left a text message for me today. I called him back
to find out I have caused quite a stir in the Oregon birding
world. I did see Bewick's Wrens yesterday at Sundial Road
hotspot. I accidentally used a picture on my camera for the wren
that was taken last week in Wichita, KS. Yes, it was a Carolina
Wren. No, it wasn't in Oregon. My deepest apologies to all who
have gone to see something that wasn't there. I worked with my
pictures late last night and was careless. Ouch!"

So everyone who was on alert can "stand down." But hey, we still have a
lot of cool native birds doing cool things right now! Who needs
vagrants?

--
Joel Geier
Camp Adair area north of Corvallis