Date: 6/24/17 7:55 am
From: Shea Tiller via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital Pond--some info on the swan
Hello, all.

If you don't bird or haven't birded in Albemarle County, this message
probably won't apply to you.

Recently, I have seen some reports of mute swan from the Sentara Martha
Jefferson Hospital Pond on eBird alerts. I am not sure if everybody is
aware, but this bird has clipped wings, and is a effectively captive. If
you do report this bird on your eBird checklist, please keep in mind that
it is good practice to submit it as "Swan Sp." rather than mute swan, and
say "mute swan" in the comments. That way, this not wild bird won't appear
on the bird alerts.

Great birding.

Shea