Date: 6/23/17 6:53 pm
From: Carole Winslow <cjwinslow94...>
Subject: Erie Co- Siegel Marsh/SGL 218- Mourning warbler
I did another survey at Siegel Marsh/SGL 218 this morning. I was there
on June 3 and wanted to check the area again, the weather wasn't as great
this morning but still a nice trip.

From the blocked roadway across the back area of the marsh behind the
headquarters building I did have Virginia rail still calling, although
wasn't able to see it today. No sora heard or seen today and though I
thought I had marsh wrens just calling a little, I wasn't sure and they
weren't actually singing so not able to confirm breeding. Warbling vireos
were still singing and lots of tree swallows feeding young. Best of all was
the mourning warbler singing in the same location up in the woods bordering
the marsh. It sang almost the whole time I were there and I did manage to
work my way in through the heavy undergrowth to see it. It was actually
singing from the very same tree. I was hoping to find a female and get
some confirmation of breeding but no luck. However, I am assuming that
there was likely a female and nest was around or would assume it would not
be singing in the same location. Very nice to find it again !

This is a great area and would like at some point to have more time to
spend birding here. Not enough hours in the day for birding..

Happy summer,

Carole Winslow
Sligo,Clarion Co.

Join us on Facebook!