Date: 6/23/17 1:31 pm
From: Sarah Koenig <skoenig...>
Subject: Chimney Swift Tower Monitoring Program
Audubon Society of Western PA is seeking help monitoring usage of its
<http://aswp.org/pages/audubon-s-chimney-swift-tower-initiative> 150 Chimney
Swift towers throughout the Southwestern Pennsylvania region. Swifts are a
neo-tropical migratory bird that has experienced a serious decline over the
last 50 years. They are now considered Near Threatened. The Chimney Swift
towers have been installed throughout the region to provide habitat for this
important bird. If you see birds entering or near the chimneys, please take
note of the tower ID number and submit your observations at
<http://aswp.org/pages/chimney-swift-monitoring-reporting-page> aswp.org.
For more information on Chimney Swifts, a map of
<http://aswp.org/pages/chimney-swift-tower-map> Chimney Swift tower
locations, and ASWP's conservation programs, visit <http://aswp.org/>
aswp.org.

We have also begun adding roosting locations to our database. If you know of
any roosting locations that are not on our map, please email them to
<mailto:<skoenig...> <skoenig...>

Many thanks,

Sarah

Sarah Koenig | Conservation Director
Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania
614 Dorseyville Road, Pittsburgh PA 15238
412-963-6100 ext. 26 | <http://www.aswp.org/> www.aswp.org

Connecting People to Birds and Nature Since 1916!

Join us on Facebook!