Date: 6/22/17 2:41 pm
From: robert dodelson <rdodelson...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] joys of Assunpink
I've spent most of the last few mornings at Assunpink. There are some
beautiful birds around and with patience and luck you have a good chance of
seeing most of them. If you go early the chorus of bird song is delightful.
An incomplete composite of sightings include Scarlet Tanager, both Orioles,
Sharp-shinned and Red-tailed Hawks, Bald Eagle, Osprey, Great Blue and
Green Herons. Wood Duck in trees!. Indigo Bunting (a good buddy of mine has
had Blue Grosbeak but I'm missing that one). Barn and Tree Swallow. Purple
Martin Field, Song, Chipping sparrows and Eastern Towhee. Yellow,
Blue-winged warblers. Common Yellowthroat. Ovenbird and Chat. Red-eyed,
White eyed and Warbling Vireos. Cedar Waxwing. Yellow-billed Cuckoo (I'm
missing Black-billed here). Eastern Wood Pewee. Phoebe and Great Crested
Fly. Downy and Hairy Woodpeckers, Flicker and Red-bellied Woodpeckers. Both
Vultures. Goldfinch. Wild Turkey and I'm sure I have missed a few others
Bob Dodelson

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>
List help: <jerseybi-request...>
List archives: https://lists.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=jerseybi