Date: 6/21/17 4:41 pm
From: Elaine & Marty Cohen <buckeye4c...>
Subject: [Ohio-birds] Summit, Wayne and Stark County finds
took a road trip to try for additions to the 2017 list and
other less-often-seen (by us) birds.

Wecht Rd (east of Dalton, Wayne Co) did not disappoint.

- 3 or more dickcissels up close (hard to tell if we kept seeing
the same birds). also a Savannah sparrow and a meadowlark,
and on nearby Rt 30 a possible peregrine falcon (by silhouette).

Sippo Lake (Perry twsp, Stark Co) had a variety.

- several Balt orioles incl a young one, many green herons,
the most we have ever seen in one day, a likely broad-winged
hawk and a bevy of singing catbirds, among others.

North Reservoir (Portage Lakes, Summit Co)

- the "apartment complex" of purple martins is full. pair of
osprey on the cell tower nest, couldn't tell if any young up there.

41 species is pretty good for a June day for us.

- Elaine & Marty Cohen