Date: 5/19/17 11:07 am
From: Carolyn via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Barn Island today
Linda Vegliante and I scouted out Barn Island this morn from 9 to 11:30 in prep for tomorrow's NHBC walk.

Highlights and non highlights of the 46 species seen. We birded only in the 4 impoundments.

Stopped very briefly to see if Bobolinks are back on Palmer Neck Rd. None, but lots of RW Blackbirds

Not a lot of migrants but Baltimore Orioles, Yellow Warblers and Common Yellowthroats were everywhere.

1 Blue-winged Warbler

1 Saltmarsh Sparrow

Two Willow Flycatchers seen and heard, and 1 Wood Pewee heard

3 White-eyed Vireo and 2 Yellow-throated Vireo

Several shorebird species with Willet being the most numerous

1 Tricolored Heron still present

Many Glossy Ibis

See my full list on eBird

Carolyn Cimino