Date: 5/19/17 10:22 am
From: Jack Swatt <jswattbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Sullivan county birding
I got out early this morning to try to find some good birds in the area. I found a calling American Bittern at Gallop Marsh WMA on the Lempster/Unity line. Then I met up with Dylan Jackson at Trask Brook Rd in Sunapee and had good looks at Wilson's Snipe, many Bobolinks and an American Kestral. We checked out a few other places in Sunapee, but the only migrant was a Tennessee Warbler in Sunapee harbor. On my way back to Lempster, I stopped at Pillsbury State Park and found a singing Blackpoll Warbler at the main office. Otherwise it was just local breeders in the park. I could have birded all day but I ran out of bug spray. Boy, the blackflies are really bad up here this year.

Jack Swatt

Wolcott, CT
Lempster, NH

Sent from my iPhone