Date: 5/19/17 10:12 am
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Nations Rd.: Flycatchers, Cuckoos, Whip-poor-will et al
I did some birding in the Nations Rd. area this morning, mostly along
Huston and Roots Tavern Roads. First of the year species for me included
Willow and Alder Flycatchers and both Black-billed and Yellow-belled
Cuckoos. Birds of special interest included:

Am. Kestrel 2
Yellow-billed Cuckoo 3
Black-billed Cuckoo 1
Pileated Woodpecker 1
Alder Flycatcher 1
Willow Flycatcher 2
E. Bluebird 4
N. Mockingbird 2
Brown Thrasher 2
Cedar Waxwing 6
Ovenbird 1
Blue-winged Warbler 1
Nashville Warbler 1
C. Yellowthroat 2
Hooded Warbler 1
Yellow Warbler 8
E. Towhee 3
Field Sparrow 4
Savannah Sparrow 4
Scarlet Tanager 1
Indigo Bunting 2
Bobolink 10
E. Meadowlark 1
Orchard Oriole 2
Baltimore Oriole 3

We had a Wood-Pewee yesterday in the Indian Fort Preserve, FOY for me.
Phil Irons reported a Whip-poor-will calling outside his house along
Groveland Rd. two evenings ago.

I'll be leading the Genesee Valley Conservancy annual Nations Rd. walk next
Saturday, May 27, meeting at 7:200 am along nations Rd. at Jaycox Creek (c.
a mile down from nations and Rte. 39).

Jim Kimball
<kimball...>