Date: 5/19/17 7:29 am
From: Tommy DeBardeleben <debardelebentommy...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Ceaz: Golden-winged Warbler at Gila River north of Winkleman
Hi all,

I just found an adult male Golden-winged Warbler at The Shores Recreation
Area along the Gila River. This spot is along Highway 77 and is not far
north of Winkleman. The Shores isn't marked from the highway well, look
for a turn on the east side of 77. Once there, take the North fork and
dirt road north of the entrance sign to the shores. Once the road flattens
after dropping down, the bird was in a willow along the river, east side of
the path, probably 50 yards after road flattens. There's a white
post/small marker along road that I placed a rock pile in front of close to
where the warbler was, still east side of path. I had just enough time
before I lost it when it flew across the river. This spot is in Gila
County, but when it flew across the river it went into Pinal County. The
bird was singing one of its weird extended songs, doesn't appear to show
any hybrid signs of Blue-winged Warbler. Hopefully it will return.

Good Birding,

Tommy DeBardeleben (Glendale, AZ)