Date: 5/19/17 6:53 am
From: Keyes, Tim <Tim.Keyes...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Tower picks up Kirtland's Warbler etc...
Thanks to a grant from the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation, I have been working with USFWS to install MOTUS receiving antenna on the GA coast (https://motus.org/ ). These pick up signals from nano-tagged birds passing within 10 or so miles of the stations (crossing a 20 mile line from mainland to offshore). Currently we have stations in Brunswick and on Ossabaw, with another planned for St Simons Island.

We just got data from the Brunswick tower and it is pretty amazing.

- 10 Kirtland's Warbler within the first few days of May
- 1 Piping Plover tagged in the Bahamas in late April
- 4 Swainson's Warbler tagged in Jamaica in the last 2 weeks of April
- 1 Black-crowned Night Heron tagged in Virginia
- 9 Saltmarsh Sparrow tagged on the coast of Georgia - departing between mid April and the first week of May

Tim Keyes
Brunswick GA

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>