Date: 5/19/17 6:42 am
From: James Schwarz <jfschwar...>
Subject: [wisb] Possible Breeding Red-necked Grebe Fish Lake
Kyle Lindemer suggested that the Red-necked Grebe we saw on Fish Lake yesterday is breeding in the area. This would likely be the same bird that Dale Bonk first reported April 22.
If it is breeding on the main lake, it would have to be on the west or south west area of the lake.

But it could possibly be nesting across Fish Lake Road in the shallower smaller "pond". This could explain why I saw a bird disappear in the reeds of the northeast section of that "pond". This is near the corner of Schoepp and Fish Lake Roads. That bird disappeared in narrow strip of reeds, so I expected it to pop back out. It did not, soI drove to a closer parking spot near that intersection and was still unable to see the bird.

Anyway, if anyone is in the area, you may wish to take a quick look.

The boat-launch and the causeway are good viewing points.

Jim Schwarz

Madison