Date: 5/19/17 6:32 am
From: Danny Akers <birdmandan1231...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Connecticut Warbler - Ankeny, Polk Co.
Hi All,

I'm not exactly sure where all these birds came from with the rain last night, but there's a roving flock of passerines in my mother's neighborhood in NE Ankeny, Polk Co., including a singing CONNECTICUT WARBLER. Other vocal Warblers in the last ~20 minutes were Wilson's, Canada, Magnolia, Yellow, American Redstart, Chestnut-sided, Blackpoll, and a Cape May (which may or may not be the same bird that was also singing here last night). A couple of Baltimore Orioles are chattering, along with a calling Rose-breasted Grosbeak and several Red-eyed Vireos. It's been silent here now for about 5 minutes, but I'll report back if anything becomes consistent and reliable.

--- Danny Akers