Date: 5/19/17 5:31 am
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] 2 RUDDY TURNSTONES - Canandaigua City Pier
This morning a quick stop at the Canandaigua City Pier around 8 am produced
2 RUDDY TURNSTONES, up from the single one that has been reported since
Wednesday. There were no other shorebirds present, but who knows what will
blow in and out at this location throughout the day and throughout the next
couple of weeks. Always worth checking throughout the day this time of
year. I also briefly checked the swimming beach, but there was just a few
SPOTTED SANDPIPERS flitting around. I had 7 of them there yesterday.

A handful of BLACKPOLL WARBLERS could also be heard singing along the lake
shore among the willows.

Brooke Morse
Rochester, NY