Date: 5/18/17 7:38 pm
From: 'nratzlaff' <nratzlaff...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] May 18 birds
Deb, Rick Schmid and I birded Towl and Walnut Grove Parks this AM

Pretty slow except for an abundance of Yellow Warblers

Only other warblers seen at both sites were American Redstart, Blackpoll &
Tennessee.

This afternoon Deb and I visited SE Washington County - Sightings included:

Nathan's Lake & fields just north of it:

A surprise was not that there were only 3 ducks on NL - rather, that they
were Ruddy Ducks

1 Wilson's Phalarope in flooded field north of NL

1 Blue Grosbeak

Flooded field just west of the Nebraska portion of De Soto NWR

50 Franklin's Gulls

2 Spotted Sandpipers

2 White-rumped Sandpipers

Several Least and Semipalmated Sandpipers

1 Semipalmated Plover

The wetland area at the SW corner of the refuge had:

1 Wilson's Phalarope

2 Greater Yellowlegs

3 Savannah Sparrows

complete list on e-bird