Date: 5/18/17 7:23 pm
From: Daniel Scheiman <birddan...>
Subject: Re: IMBD and Global Big Day -results
I agree with Sandy that her list should count towards the Big Day results,
and have written to eBird Central about this. Ordinarily, however, lists
submitted at the county level are hidden from various forms of public
output, especially species maps, which would otherwise lead to gross
mis-mapping of many species (especially unwanted for rare birds).

eBird is a spatially based program. Higher spatial specificity is preferred.
Day lists are discouraged, especially if you cross county boundaries. If you
are going to bird continuously all day long I encourage you to eBird it like
you would the Christmas Bird Count, submitting separate lists for each
hotspot, and creating accurately named personal locations for the places in
between. See points 3 and 4 in this help article
http://help.ebird.org/customer/portal/articles/1010523. I do the same thing
when birding overseas, when I want to record every species for my country
list. With the eBird app it is especially easy to start and stop one list
after another. After your Big Day you can compile a single list using the
Summarize My Observations tool, create a Week Report starting the date of
your Big Day. Then select all the relevant locations. The Species Total tab
is your final tally.

Dan Scheiman
Little Rock, AR

On 5/18/17, 3:07 PM, "The Birds of Arkansas Discussion List on behalf of
Sandy Berger" <ARBIRD-L...> on behalf of <sndbrgr...>
wrote:

I had 101 in Crawford county, and it's not even on there cause I entered it
as a county and one checklist instead of a bunch of checklists. Go figure.

Sandy B.

Join us on Facebook!