Date: 5/18/17 11:50 am
From: Mitchell Pruitt <0000000b4ac30a99-dmarc-request...>
Subject: 4th Arkansas Calendar Photo Contest NOW OPEN!
Hello all,

I am happy to announce that, for the fourth time, the Arkansas Audubon Society will be hosting a photo contest. Contestants will compete for a spot in the 2018 AAS calendar! This year’s contestants may enter photos of WILD birds taken anywhere in the world, near and far.
One first-prize winner will be chosen and showcased on the calendar’s front cover AND receive free entry into the next competition.

Twelve other photos will be chosen to adorn the inside of the calendar, one photo for each month. What photographer wouldn’t want his/her photos published for everyone to see? All winners will also receive a free calendar.

This photo contest is a fundraiser to help the Iola Rea Fund, providing scholarships for outstanding campers from the previous year’s Halberg Ecology Camp and a parent or guardian to attend the spring meeting of the AAS. It pays for housing, registration, and meals. The Halberg Ecology Camp Committee selects the recipients of these scholarships. The Iola Rea fund is very important for the future of the Society, providing an opportunity to get younger generations involved in the AAS, beyond attending camp.

Contest Entry Fee for Members: $20 per Person (not per photo)

Contest Entry Fee for Non-members: $25 per Person (not per photo)

Maximum Number of Photos per Person: 3

The final product, a beautiful 8.5” x 11”, gloss-finished calendar will be available for purchase at the 2017 fall AAS meeting.

All entries will be accepted as TIFF files or high resolution JPGs only, in landscape (horizontal) orientation, and need to be at 300dpi for best results at the printing press. No watermarks, please, as credit will be given to each photographer in the calendar.

Only photos of wild birds will be accepted, not domestics. (e.g., Mandarin Duck at home in China is okay. Mandarin Duck from a farm pond in Little Rock, AR is not). These photos do not have to be “portraits”, however. We would like to see your best photos of birds in their element, too. For example, an American Woodcock camouflaged among leaf-litter or a Dickcissel singing his heart out from atop a prairie perch. We would also like to see bird photos taken from Important Bird Areas (IBAs). If you don’t have photos from IBAs, don’t fret! We will still accept your beautiful shots.

Files should be submitted via WeTransfer.com <http://wetransfer.com/> with a numbered, typed description of each. This should include your name, the species in the photo, and where it was taken. Please provide an email address on the description sheet.

On WeTransfer.com <http://wetransfer.com/>, please send submissions to the email address below:

Mitchell Pruitt

<mlpruitt24...>

Payments should be made in cash or check made out to “Arkansas Audubon Society.”

Entries will be accepted starting now and must be postmarked by July 10, 2017. We greatly look forward to seeing your beautiful photos.

If you have questions, feel free to contact Mitchell Pruitt at <mlpruitt24...>

Thank you!
Mitchell Pruitt,

Calendar Committee Chairman, AAS

Join us on Facebook!