Date: 5/15/17 10:12 am
From: James Morgan <jlmm...>
Subject: Re: massive warbler kill
Native plant taxes.

Could be done in the online "AR sales tax" submission.
Currently there is a tax rate for un-cooked food items at the state
level and a rate for all all other retail merchandice.
A county/city could have a rate for native plants sales tax just like
the state has for food items.

Then the retail nursery/merchant's cash register software would need to
include that reduced sales tax on native plants

(Kim - last post on this for me)
Jim Morgan

On 5/15/2017 11:28 AM, Donald C. Steinkraus wrote:

> Jim Morgan,
>

> I agree whole heartedly with the idea of rewarding residents for
> planting native plants that benefit wildlife and removing exotic
> invasive plants that harm wildlife. Tax credits would be a good idea.
> Whether the cities would go along with this, I don't know. It would
> take a bit of infrastructure to evaluate a property before and after.
>

> I agree with you too, that there are too many people on the planet.
> But who wants to depart, or not reproduce? We all love our own families.
>

> I do think that the population of the United States is way too high.
> But no one wants to stop new people from coming in, needing a car, a
> large home, and big footprint. We can see this right now, ongoing, in
> Fayetteville. The big developers have moved in and are transforming
> pastures, woodlands, wetlands, forests, into homes, malls, etc. at a
> rapid pace.
>

> It would be great if Washington Co. said "We are large enough,
> populated enough, no more." But that won't happen.
>

> Don Steinkraus

Join us on Facebook!