Date: 5/15/17 9:29 am
From: Donald C. Steinkraus <steinkr...>
Subject: Re: massive warbler kill
Jim Morgan,

I agree whole heartedly with the idea of rewarding residents for planting native plants that benefit wildlife and removing exotic invasive plants that harm wildlife. Tax credits would be a good idea. Whether the cities would go along with this, I don't know. It would take a bit of infrastructure to evaluate a property before and after.

I agree with you too, that there are too many people on the planet. But who wants to depart, or not reproduce? We all love our own families.

I do think that the population of the United States is way too high. But no one wants to stop new people from coming in, needing a car, a large home, and big footprint. We can see this right now, ongoing, in Fayetteville. The big developers have moved in and are transforming pastures, woodlands, wetlands, forests, into homes, malls, etc. at a rapid pace.

It would be great if Washington Co. said "We are large enough, populated enough, no more." But that won't happen.

Don Steinkraus