Date: 5/15/17 7:14 am From: 'Don & Janis Paseka' <paseka76...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...> Subject: [NEBirds] request for photos for Nebraska Bird Review
It's time for the 10th annual color issue of the Nebraska Bird Review, the quarterly journal of the Nebraska Ornithologists' Union. We are requesting good quality bird photos to be published in the upcoming issue.
This is not a photo contest, but there are rules:
1. Images must be of birds and must have been taken in Nebraska.
2. Images must be of good quality: sharp focus and high enough resolution to look good when printed. *Please send the highest resolution version you have. * 3. The subjects don't need to be rare birds, but images that document something interesting about a species (behavior, date, nesting, etc.) are more likely to be selected. *This year we are especially looking for photos of birds in unexpected and unusual settings.*
4. *A maximum of 5 images per photographer may be submitted.* Please do not expect us to look through dozens of photos you have posted on a website.
5. The following information must be provided with each image: SPECIES DATE PHOTO WAS TAKEN SPECIFIC LOCATION COUNTY
6. The final selection of images to be published is solely the decision of the NBR editors (see #3).
Please email your images to me at
or send me a URL for images posted on a website. If you have a number of photos posted, please direct me to the specific 5 images you are suggesting for publication.
Contributors will be credited in the photo captions.
DEADLINE: JULY 15, 2017.
Janis Paseka Ames NE Editor, The Nebraska Bird Review