Date: 5/14/17 5:09 pm
From: Jim Dixon <jamesdixonlr...>
Subject: Sightings: Pine Bluff and LR River Port area
Sunday morning, I went down to Pine Bluff to check out the Bayou Bartholomew Trail, Byrd Lake Natural Area and the Wilbur West Road Wetlands. I had a depressingly large number of first of years today including Swainson’s Thrush, Prothonotary Warbler, Nashville Warbler, Magnolia Warbler, Cliff Swallow, Philadelphia Vireo, American Bittern, and more some of them pretty common. Apparently I’ve been lax about entering my results.

Later I visited the Little Rock River Port area and found one Western Kingbird at the Custom Metals site as usual and two more farther south on Thibault Road by the so-called Merlin tree.

Jim Dixon
Little Rock
"There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something, if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after.” -- Thorin

Join us on Facebook!