Date: 5/13/17 8:11 am
From: Mitchell Pruitt <0000000b4ac30a99-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Cherokee Prairie NA Yesterday Morning
I birded Cherokee Prairie NA en route to Mount Magazine yesterday. Lots of FOSs, some noted by Joe Neal from later in the day. Bell's Vireos burbled in full force, Dickcissels perched on every sumac stub, Yellow-breasted Chats in all thickets, and a single Grasshopper Sparrow calling insect-like from some unidentifiable clump of grass.

Later, on a foggy Mount Magazine, I listened and watched numerous Scarlet Tanagers in the forest below the lodge, Blue Jays clearly guarding a territory, Barn and rough-winged swallows busy foraging, and a male Wilson's Warbler sneaking around in an edge-cedar. Fog rolled across the mountain all day, offering striking views down into a gray-white no-mans-land.

Mitchell Pruitt

Sent from my iPhone.

Join us on Facebook!