Date: 5/12/17 7:39 am
From: <pao.hoppe...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Re: Black-necked stilts at Lake Wanahoo!
Good Morning,

Thank you Larry for the report on the Black-necked Stilts, I went out early this morning and was able to locate them. I walked the mowed path east of the bridge on County Rd. O and followed it till it overlooks the wetland on the northeast side of the lake. I finally observed them as I looked toward the west, near the old creek bed. Many, many shore birds, but the best, besides the Black-necked stilt was an American Golden Plover. He was straight south of my position, though after awhile flew to the west side of the lake.

I tried to relocate the Black-necked stilts from County Rd. O but was unable to find them from there.

Paula Hoppe
Colon, Saunders, County

Join us on Facebook!