Date: 5/11/17 10:08 am
From: Moni Usasz <musasz...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: Re: [NEBirds] Wilderness Park - Old Cheney - north loop
Well I’m wishing I’d been where T.J. was. Oh, well.

Lots of red-eyed vireos and catbirds, several rose-breasted grosbeaks, maybe a towhee chink, baltimore oriole’s heard,

Warblers: Yellow-rumped, orange-crowned, yellow, FOY Tennessee and FOY common yellowthroat. Think I heard a least flycatcher as well.

Moni Usasz
Lincoln

> On May 11, 2017, at 9:04 AM, 'Walker, TJ' <thomas.walker...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...> wrote:
>

> Spent a half hour in the parking lot at Wilderness Park on Old Cheney Road this morning starting pretty much right at sunrise, then hiked towards the bridge and along the creek for a while.
>

> Highlights included:
>

> Mourning Warbler – beautiful male singing (no recording….sorry) and skulking at low levels just NW of the parking lot (between the north orange cable gate thing and the first little log you see farther from the parking lot).
>

> Summer Tanager – singing male between the parking lot and the bridge.
>

> Other warblers – Blackpoll – maybe 5 total – singing a lot, Yellow – a bunch, Yellow-rumped – surprisingly still a lot, Common Yellowthroat.
>

> Vireos – many Red-eyed, one Warbling. Had a brief glimpse of what looked like a vireo with spectacles and saw another with a noticeable eyering – did not get good looks at either though.
>

> Pair of Blue-gray Gnatcatchers.
>

> A silent empid with yellowish belly that flicked it’s wings a fair amount – haven’t really ever noticed empids do that before.
>

> T. J. Walker
>

> T. J. Walker
>
> Assistant Division Administrator
>
> Wildlife Division – Partners Section