Date: 5/11/17 6:32 am
From: Daniel Mason <millipede1977...>
Subject: Re: this coming Saturday, Benton Co
Just thought of another question for the NWA group. Since we're not
able to all get together at one time to really coordinate it
perfectly(I'm sure there will be overlap), does everyone know how to
handle the overlap? I could be wrong here but, I think if we were all
doing separate areas it would be good to fill out one form for our
entire day, listing the total numbers of birds for the day. If I was
birding location(s) that nobody else was, this would work fine for the
count. But since we may end up overlapping in places, Mike will need to
know that. If 4 cardinals were seen by someone at the hatchery and they
saw a total of 7 for the day, and they had just one sheet that said they
saw 7 cardinals... but, someone else saw 5 cardinals at the hatchery and
saw a total of 17 for the day... those numbers would be added up. Mike
needs to know when two people bird the same place so he can just take
the highest number for each species.
I'll go back through my emails to contact the person that said they were
thinking of doing the eagle watch. If it's not being covered I will
cover it. If it is, I have other places around here I can definitely
get some good birds at. I kind of wish we planned a little earlier and
had some sort of interactive map or something we could all list off the
places we were headed... and then also look at places that had no people
going and we could maybe fill in some more. I'm sure it will all work
out well though. :)

Daniel...