Date: 5/10/17 9:55 pm
From: Michael Willison <sendtomichael...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Lancaster Birding
My dad and a friend of ours, both from Washington State, are on a visit to do some birding with me. We hit Wilderness Park and the Lancaster County Lakes today. Minimal success with warblers. Very few total individuals and only the most expected 7 species. Very few vireos and missed a number of species I would have expected on an average "May 10th". Conestoga Lake held MASSIVE numbers of shorebirds (16 species we noted) that were probably kicked out the sky by the storms that passed through.

The only real highlight of the day was a Yellow-bellied Flycatcher at Conestoga and the previously reported-by-others Scissor-tailed Flycatcher east of Denton. Photos of the YB Flycatcher embedded in the eBird checklist below.

Overall, we managed to find 120 species for the day.

Good Birding,

Michael Willison
Lancaster Co.

Join us on Facebook!