Date: 5/10/17 1:20 pm
From: Judy & Don <9waterfall9...>
Subject: coming and going
FOS Mourning Warbler - about 8am, singing and foraging just outside the window!

Rose-breasted Grosbeaks arrived April 21, peaked in numbers on May 6 and 7, and are still coming to the sunflower seed feeders. They are now fewer in number but more females are eating suet.

The Baltimore Orioles arrived April 25, peaked in numbers on May 7 when there were at least 8 coming from dawn until dusk to eat oranges, grape jelly, and suet. Their numbers have been gradually diminishing since then. We've been delighted by their beauty and song for over two weeks, the longest I've ever seen them at Ninestone. During this same period, Orchard Orioles seemed shy around the Baltimores and were only seen one at a time.

Judith
Ninestone, Carroll County

Join us on Facebook!