Date: 5/10/17 5:21 am
From: 'Jim Ochsner' <jim_ochsner...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: Re: [NEBirds] Mississippi Kites and more
I apologize for two omissions:

Western Kingbird
and
Jim Ochsner
Ogallala, NE

From: mailto:<NEBirds...>
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2017 9:30 PM
To: <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Mississippi Kites and more

We observed our first Mississippi Kites, five of them, this late afternoon while sitting on the deck. About the same time a frantic squawking was headed directly toward me, I ducked and they swerved just in time to miss me. “They” were a male Baltimore Oriole chasing a male Orchard Oriole, the latter slamming into the glass patio door. He fluttered on the deck dazed for a few moments and than took flight again.

Some of the more interesting backyard visitors, and regulars, in the last couple days include:

Baltimore Oriole

Orchard Oriole

Lazuli Bunting

Northern Cardinal (at least two pairs nesting)

American Goldfinch (many and in brilliant yellow)

Yellow Warbler

Yellow-rumped Warbler

White-crowned Sparrow

Spotted Towhee