Date: 5/9/17 9:35 pm
From: Justin Rink <spindalis79...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Common Nighthawk, Migrants Traps & Trapped Migrants- 5/09
   From my apartment on the Mercer property, I just heard my FOY COMMON NIGHTHAWK vocalize its nasal call around 11:14pm.
Migrant Traps-    Today I checked out both Mercer Woods and Orchard Hill Greenstrip before heading to a fairly early day at work.

Mercer Woods- 17 spp. including...
-1 Blue-headed Vireo (FOY)
-3 Swainson's Thrush
-4 Gray Catbird (Including an individual with nesting material)
-2 Yellow Warbler
-2 Baltimore Oriole

Orchard Hill Greenstrip- 27 spp. including---
-1 Least Flycatcher (FOY)
-1 Great Crested Flycatcher (FOY)
-1 Warbling Vireo
-2 Swainson's Thrush
-1 Nashville Warbler
-4 Yellow Warbler
-3 Baltimore Oriole

Trapped Migrants-
    Shortly after 6pm at Indian Creek Nursery I noticed a bit of commotion in the black mesh shade perennial coldframe. A CLAY-COLORED SPARROW and male NASHVILLE WARBLER had trapped themselves temporarily inside at the same time.  Luckily, they flew out the opposite direction due to my presence, and were immediately free.
Mercer Woods and Orchard Hill list submitted to eBird.
Good birding.

Justin RinkMidtown Omaha, Douglas Co., <NEspindalis79...>

Join us on Facebook!