Date: 5/9/17 7:10 pm
From: Jan Johnson <janbirder...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Dixon County
Not EBird

The birds are gradually filtering northward. * indicates FOS. In my yard:
Monday:
*Rose-breasted Grosbeak
* and White Warbler
* Warbler
Baltimore Oriole
White-crowned Warbler
Wood Duck, male and female
Harris's Sparrow (numbers have been much lower than past years)
Tuesday:
Great Horned Owl - 3
Wood Duck pair
Yellow Warbler - 4
Harris' Sparrow
*Least Flycatcher
*Blackpoll Warbler
*Chimney Swift - 2
*Eastern Kingbird

Then I walked around Ponca State Park for a couple hours hoping to remind the Hooded Warbler reported yesterday. I checked all picnic areas since I'm not sure which was referred to but no luck. Did find:
*Yellow-throated Vireo
*Swainson's, *Wood, and *Gray-cheeked Thrushes
Eastern Towhee
*American Redstart
*Blue-gray Gnatchatcher
Least Flycatcher
*Northern Waterthrush- 2
*Louisiana Waterthrush - 1
Red-headed Woodpeckers are all over this week

In Sioux City, Iowa I saw a *Western Kingbird close to the Mall.

Jan Johnson
Wakefield, Dixon County
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bird-brained-quilter/

Posted by: Jan Johnson <janbirder...>