Date: 5/9/17 5:43 pm
From: Gmail <butchchq8...>
Subject: Urban birding
One of my obsessions is birding "urban" areas and seeing what can be found right under our noses.

There is a 30 acre undeveloped piece of land just behind my house that is bordered by development on three sides and a cow pasture on the fourth. It has gone "naturalized" over the past 10 years as the developer has left it for dead, because is is too costly to put more housing on it (mostly flood plain).

Today was another great day of urban birding: Blue Grosbeak; Red-eyed Vireo; Bell's Vireo; both orioles; Tennessee, Wilson's, Nashville, and Orange-crowned Warblers; and Lincoln's Sparrow were the highlights. In all, 31 species in an hour of birding. I've recorded 92 species on this property over the past 2 1/2 years.

Hopefully it stays undeveloped and remains an avian haven.

Butch Tetzlaff
Bentonville

Join us on Facebook!