Date: 5/7/17 7:48 pm
From: <SCHMID_R...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Walnut Grove migrants (GCTH, SWTH, BLPW)
On Sun May 7 I visited Walnut Grove Park (Douglas Co, Omaha/Millard, 150th & Q Sts) in the late afternoon. There were very few birds (except for robins), but I did find:

Swainson's Thrush (1)
Gray-cheeked Thrush (1 - no eyering whatsoever and no gold/buff in the lores, face, chin or throat)
Yellow Warbler (3 males)
Blackpoll Warbler (1 male)
Yellow-rumped Warbler (~12)

I also had a male Baltimore Oriole at my jelly feeder in my yard this morning (May 7).

I neglected to report this previously, but on Apr 24, I added two new birds to my Walnut Grove list: Great Horned Owl and Carolina Wren. That brings my list to 116 spp for the park.

I suspect the south winds will blow in more migrants overnight, so good birding this week - Rick Schmid

Join us on Facebook!