Date: 5/7/17 4:08 pm
From: Jonathan Perry <jonathanperry24...>
Subject: Lake Fayetteville again
Cindy and I returned to Lake Fayetteville for a second morning of birding this weekend. A brief visit to the environmental center environs rewarded us with first-of-season Yellow Warbler, thanks to info from Jacque Brown, and a second Common Yellowthroat. We then drove to the Botanical Garden and walked to Mulhollan Blind, which didn't yield any notable waterfowl but did present us with several soaring raptors, including what appeared to be two Mississippi Kites along with a couple of Broad-winged Hawks. We also found a Warbling Vireo and a Great-crested Flycatcher. Our next stop was the restored prairie area in the northwest part of the park, but lack of activity and a sore left foot (mine) sent us to Veteran's Park for our last stop. There we found a first-of-season Magnolia Warbler. All in all, a satisfying morning.

Observation: there appears to be a nearly linear correlation between age of birders posting on this listserv and reports of field-significant physical ailments. Probably a dissertation in there somewhere.....

Sent from my iPad

Join us on Facebook!