Date: 5/7/17 8:12 am
From: Karen And Jim Rowe <00000131a1cf8fbc-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Nesting Prothonotary
For the past 7 years, I have had a pair of Prothonotary Warblers nesting in the yard. The have used a ceramic wren nest jar, bluebird boxes, and a gourd as well as a nest box with a perch on it which is located at the top of a post on our very small front door porch. This box is often used by a pair of wrens.

I had not heard or seen the pair for over a week however yesterday while I was sitting on the sofa watching the Kentucky Derby, I looked though the glass front door and saw both the male and female carrying insects into nest the box on our porch. I also saw a wren that tried try to land on the top of box get chased away by the female warbler.

Karen Rowe , Arkansas County

Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!