Date: 5/7/17 7:24 am
From: Justin Rink <spindalis79...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] FF Uplands/Wetlands- 5/06
   Yesterday 5/06 I was a substitute for Clem's bird class.  We mostly stuck around the upper trails birding our way down to Child's Hollow, and then up again.  Highlights included....
-1 Broad-winged Hawk
-1 Pileated Woodpecker
-1 Yellow-throated Vireo (FOY)
-1 Wood Thrush (FOY)
-1 Ovenbird (FOY)
-9 Orange-crowned Warbler
-2 Nashville Warbler
-1 Kentucky Warbler (Heard singing in Child's Hollow)
-1 American Redstart (FOY) (Good looks were had by all)
-3 Rose-breasted Grosbeak (audible)
-1 Indigo Bunting (Audible)

  After the class I met up with S. Meester and we birded the lowland trails to Hidden Lake Trail and then up to History Trail, down to Mormon Hollow...A few species included....
-2 Broad-winged Hawk
-3 Solitary Sandpiper
-1 Ruby-throated Hummingbird
-1 Pileated Woodpecker
-1 Eastern Kingbird
-1 Yellow-throated Vireo
-7 Warbling Vireo
--3 Sedge Wren
-1 Marsh Wren
-3 Swainson's Thrush
-1 Wood Thrush
-3 Ovenbird
-1 Northern Waterthrush
-1 Prothonotary Warbler (Heard singing from near Great Marsh Trail  Would have gone for it had it not been for the noisy band of Cub Scouts).
-4 American Redstart
-2 Northern Parula
9 Yellow Warbler
-1 Yellow-throated Warbler (Redbud Trail)
-5 White-crowned Sparrow
-10 Rose-breasted Grosbeak (Mostly audible, though a couple observed)
-2 Baltimore Oriole
All sightings submitted to eBird.
Good birding.

Justin RinkMidtown Omaha, Douglas Co., <NEspindalis79...>

Join us on Facebook!