Date: 5/6/17 5:02 am
From: Jacque Brown <bluebird2...>
Subject: Lake Fayetteville Friday 5-5-17
I took the dog and went to Lake Fayetteville yesterday. I walked down to the environmental center dock and through the trees to the Right towards the Frisbee Golf course, I think thats West. I then took the trail East through the trees from the parking area and came back along the waters edge.

Not much was really singing but Catbirds. Robins, Cardinals, Blue Jays, and Crows.

Yellow Warbler 6, Blue-headed Vireo 1, Baltimore Oriole 2 or 3, Indigo Buntings 2 Males having a sing off, 2 more skulking, Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 4, Catbirds 10, Ruby-crowned Kinglets 6, Philadelphia Vireo, 1, Warbling Vireo 4, Red-eyed Vireo 3, Yellow-rumped Warbler, 2, Tennessee Warbler 1, Summer Tanager 2 or 3, Swainson’s Thrush , Louisiana Waterthrush 1, Common Yellowthroat 1, Great Blue Heron, Green Heron 1, White-crowned Sparrow, Lincoln’s Sparrow 1, Song Sparrow. Red-tailed Hawk, Red-shouldered Hawk. Goldfinch. Carolina Chickadee, Titmouse, Eastern Phoebe, Downy Woodpecker, Red-bellied Woodpecker. Mallards 3, Canada Geese. Ruby-throated Hummingbirds 2.

I know I misses stuff high up and belly only seen. There were a few Flycatchers, too. Swifts, Tree Swallows, Barn Swallows, But Vireos were everywhere, I know these are low counts.

I also lost the hood of my big camera lens, I noticed when I got to the car, I backtracked a ways but they don’t cost that much to replace so I didn’t go that far. So if anyone finds one, it’s mine. It’s black and looks like a small flowerpot with no bottom in it.

I drove by Vaughn on the way out of town, the flooded fields are down but still very wet. There are a lot of sandpipers still there and the Bobolinks were along Anglin Road, you could hear them out in the tall grasses since the wind was down. Lots of Dickcissels and Sparrows on the fences. 3 Yellow-headed Blackbirds and Eastern Kingbirds.

I don’t think I mentioned it but last weekend I took a drive down Holloway Dr , behind the Centerton fish hatchery looking for Bobolinks, there were at least 30 Eastern Kingbirds in one area, perched up near the side of the road by one of the flooded fields. It was impressive I never say so many together before.

Jacque Brown

Centerton, AR 72719

Join us on Facebook!