Date: 5/5/17 8:06 pm
From: martha strother <000000ad14e4acd0-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Turkey vulture up close and feeding
Late this afternoon, while driving the road that bisects the golf course in Burns Park, got my first-ever look at a turkey vulture who was not soaring overhead but standing at the side of the road busily working on a (presumably road-killed) squirrel.  I was on the opposite side of the road and stopped within about 15 feet and watched until a rapidly oncoming pickup on his side of the road persuaded him to move.  Wingspan is impressive enough in the sky, and especially so at such close range.  Note to self:  Put the binoculars back in the car!
Martha StrotherLittle Rock University District

Join us on Facebook!