Date: 5/4/17 1:35 pm
From: Dan Scheiman <birddan...>
Subject: Prairie Ridge Preserve
It was a blustery but birdy morning at Prairie Ridge Preserve, outside Arkadelphia. I led a walk for a contingent from Tex-Ark Audubon Society ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/texarkaudubonsociety/ ). We saw our FOS Dickcissels singing on newly established territories. A Summer Tanager a Lark Sparrow gave us long, close looks as the sang. As always at this site, Red-headed Woodpeckers were easy to observe. Two Red-tailed Hawks circled and screamed the whole time. Wildflowers are starting to come on strong in patches. The full list is at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S36536498 .

Dan Scheiman
Little Rock, AR

Join us on Facebook!